Friday, October 19, 2018

Desire


Desire
I was born out of desire, the desire of two people
As a foetus, I had a desire, the desire to grow and survive
And then I had a desire, to see the world outside
The "silisila" of desire continued
As an infant I desired to be held, nurtured and loved
As a child, I desired to learn, explore and grow
The "silsila" of desire continued
Till someday, I heard, some of my desires were not OK
And then I learnt, to hide my desires for fear of being punished or ridicule
I also learnt of some other important desires that I "should" inculcate
I worked hard on the desires I should, in the process forgot about my own desires
All was OK in my world
Till one day, the suppressed voices of my own desires
Came to haunt me
We are your desire. We are your desire. They screamed
I was scared. I muffled these voices. I silenced them
I told them, "They were wrong. They were childish. They had no role in my life."
They refused to go. They continued to haunt me.
So I gave in. And I tried a desire.
For a while I felt good.
Till the voices came back once again to mock me
"Who are you fooling? That is not your desire."
"Go back to your childhood and dig deep. Dig those buried dreams."
Do you have the courage to follow that child's dreams?
To live a life of that child's dreams?
If not, we will continue to haunt you
And follow you till your last breath.
You will desire to be free of us
You will desire a peaceful death
But till you don't honor that child's desire
How do you expect
Born of desire, yet rejecting your desires
Desire
To wake up is a desire
To look good is a desire
To eat is a desire
To laugh is a desire
To connect with others is a desire
To see the beauty in the world is a desire
To love is a desire
To feel loved is a desire
To accomplish is a desire
To feel happy is a desire
To relax is a desire
To make love is a desire
To have children is a desire
To sleep is a desire
Can I then make desire the torch of my life
And stop questioning it every step of the way!

No comments:

Post a Comment